POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : pre . . . Fib Beads : Re: pre . . . Fib Beads Server Time
18 Aug 2024 22:27:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pre . . . Fib Beads
From: yooper
Date: 22 Feb 2001 17:21:24
Message: <3a9590e4$1@news.povray.org>
I like it: would like to see one with more detail - more beads?
Fibonacci always has its own mysterious charm...
--
Regards,  Sander
*****

Thanks Sander . . .

I did a lot of experimenting and it ends up being a balancing act . . .
More spheres means smaller dia ones and at some point, the visual
effect of glass beads is lost when the spheres are too small.
I played with various numbers of them and altered the dia and the
spacing until I had the desired effect.  Also depends on the photo . . .
and had to scale and translate the image to get the center at a point
where it didn't make a mess of some feature.  Also, that's the reason
for rendering at 1280 - to bring the size of the spheres up to a level
where they could still be seen as beads. Each image will vary and
it took many, many test renderings until I found this one.
  I'm pleased with it . . . will try to find a spot to stash the large one
and post a link to it . . . quite a different effect full-size.  I can see
some artifacts in this one.

  Now . . . back to thinking about stained glass and getting my .png
images to be transparent.  Anybody have any info or hints on that ?

TIA